The Mekong Delta is renowned for its vast emerald rice fields, lush waterways as well as its unique and lively floating markets. Explore and experience the buzz and fervor of these wet markets where a whole range of goods are on display and for sale. You will also visit peaceful Mekong Delta villages and enjoy a great night with your hosts for dinner. Have the unique experience of staying with a local family on this 2-day Mekong Delta tour with homestay.
DAY 1: HO CHI MINH CITY – MEKONG DELTA – MY THO – BEN TRE – CAN THO (L)
07h30-07h45 Our guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City center then depart to the area referred locally as ‘the rice bowl of Vietnam’.
On arrival at My Tho, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, then take a leisurely boat ride along the river, view stilt houses, fruit plantations and fishing villages along the river bank. Proceed to Tortoise islet, and have lunch in the orchard garden. Continue with a boat ride to An Khanh – a less touristy attraction in Ben Tre, enjoy cruising on a hand-rowed sampan under the shade of the water coconut trees along natural canals, and then enjoy seasonal fruit and honey tea to the sound of “Southern Vietnamese folk music”, performed by the locals. Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle, taste delicious coconut candy and observe the pastoral life as you roam through fruit plantations and villages.
Get on the bus and drive to Can Tho to check into your accommodation, depending on your option chosen. For those that have chosen to stay in a bungalow or homestay, dinner is included, with the chance to learn how to cook Vietnamese food. Free time to visit bustling Can Tho market.
DAY 2: PHONG DIEN/ CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET – HO CHI MINH (B)
Take a leisurely boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong River (Bassac River), then proceed to visit Cai Rang floating market (Phong Dien is optional), which are the liveliest in the whole religion. Here, during the early morning market hours, larger sized boats anchor and create lanes that smaller boats weave in and out of. The main items sold here are fruit and vegetables and every boat has a long upright pole at its bow from which samples of the goods for sale are hung. The waterway becomes a maze of hundreds of boats packed with mango, bananas, papaya, pineapple, and even floating pho vendors.
Next, visit a village known for producing rice noodles, and see the rice husking mill to watch how the rice is cultivated for consumption. Then wander around the village, meet the friendly local people and experience how to cross a “Monkey bridge” which is built by only one stem of bamboo. Visit the orchard garden then stop for lunch (lunch at your own expense).
Late afternoon back to Ho Chi Minh City. Ends of service at your hotel around 17h00.
Your 2-day Mekong Delta tour with homestay ends.
– Sharing transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated with pick up and drop off at your hotel (in District 1 only).
– Transportation by motor boat and rowing boat.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide.
– Normal lunch on day 1 as mentioned in program (better lunch can be arranged on request – extra 6 US$/ person).
– Breakfast on Day 2.
– Overnight stay in your chosen accommodation option (hotel/homestay/bungalow).
– Mineral water (1 bottle/ person/ day).
– Drinks, Meals except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– The price above is based on two persons sharing one room. Single supplements will be surcharged for solo travelers.
– Free of charge for children less than 02 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 03 to 6 years old.
– 75% charge of adult price for children from 07 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.