From February 1, 2017, Vietnam E-visa (electronic visa) will be issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department visa electronic system.
This kind of visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry. This move belongs to the two-year pilot plan to launch an electronic Vietnam visa system for foreign tourists visiting the country announced by the Vietnam Government.
Outside Vietnam foreigners who want to enter Vietnam can personally apply for E-visa or through the inviting/guaranteeing agencies and organizations.
E-visa fee (US$ 25) is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded in case the applicant is refused to grant e-visa.
Conditions for being granted Vietnam e-visa:
– Outside Vietnam foreigners;
– Holding valid passport;
– Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
List of Countries that allowed Vietnam E-visa issuing:
China (Not apply to Chinese e-passport holders)
United States of America
To apply for Vietnam e-visa, please click here for the government officical website or access to https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt, complete the form with required information and documents. After that, they will receive an application code and will be asked to pay a non-refundable fee online (US$ 25).
It will take 3 working days for tourists to find out if their applications have been approved or not. Successful applicants will be able to print off their e-visas to present when they arrive.
Visitors can touch down at any of Vietnam’s 8 international airports, including Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Noi Bai in Hanoi and Da Nang in the central region. They can also arrive via land at 13 international border gates, and via sea at 7 ports across the country.
In addition to this new type of e-visa, Vietnam visa on arrival is currently a popular way to get a visa for Vietnam as its application is also made online and requires no document at all.
TIPS FOR VIETNAM VISA:
1. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry only. Visitors who want to stay longer or multiple entries can apply visa on arrival provided by Go Viet Travel. Visa processing fees depend on visa type.
2. Vietnam E-visa fee (US$ 25) will not be refunded in case the applicant is refused to grant e-visa. But Go Viet Travel will refund the visa processing fees in case your visa application for visa on arrival is refused.
3. For Vietnam E-visa it takes 3 working days to know your Vietnam visa application is approved or not while Visa on arrival provided by Go Viet Travel takes 2 working days or even quicker to receive the visa approval letter.
4. For Visa on arrival it may, but just sometimes, take you up to 30 minutes or 1 hour to get visa stamped at Vietnam airport if there are too many people lining up.
5. Vietnam E-visa is very new, of which some certain airlines or even immigration staff at the airports may have not been aware and therefore may refuse it, you should check with your airlines in advance to avoid this.