This Sapa biking and trekking tour includes one day biking trip to the village of H’Mong and Red Dao and visit local families to discover fascinating cultures and customs, hike through lush countryside, and enjoy beautiful views and a peaceful atmosphere.
Note: If you visit Sapa in May (rice planting month) and September (rice ripening month), you will earn an opportunity to savor spectacular golden terraced fields and explore the methods of harvesting or planting. Appropriate footwear must be worn on treks in Sapa. Note that if conditions are wet, programs may be changed.
NIGHT 1: HA NOI – LAO CAI STATION BY TRAIN
This evening you will be picked up from your hotel lobby by our representative for a short transfer to Hanoi Train Station for the overnight train to Lao Cai, the gateway to Sapa (9 hour duration). Settle down for an early night to try and get as much sleep as possible for your first day of trekking as you will be woken up around 5h00 am on arrival to Sapa.
Stay overnight on the train in a comfortable soft sleeper compartment (4 berth, air-conditioned compartment).
DAY 1: LAO CAI – SAPA BIKING TO MA TRA – TA PHIN – TACKO – SAPA (B, L, D)
Arrive Lao Cai Train Station early this morning around 06h00, set off to meet your tour guide and driver then take a drive of 40km for over an hour drive uphill to Sapa. The ride offers a glimpse over the stunning vistas and impressive rice terraces.
Upon arrival in Sapa town freshen up and have breakfast then gear up for your exciting ride. Your ride will be mostly downhill through the suburb of Sapa. You pass by Sapa town to ride along the smooth road for 3 km, then get off the main road to head to Ma Tra village where is the home of the H’Mong people with scenic landscape of the mountain, rice terrace, corn field and pine hill before heading downhill to Ta Phin. In Ta Phin, you will witness the daily life of the Red Dao and Black Hmong minorities. You will also have time to take a short walk around the village. Enjoy your lunch in the local family.
In the afternoon, keep riding up hill then down hill through the forest to Tacko pass there will be transport back to Sapa town. Time to relax and have dinner at hotel. Evening is at leisure.
NIGHT 2: Stay overnight at hotel in Sapa town.
DAY 2: SAPA – Y LINH HO – LAO CHAI & TA VAN VILLAGE – NIGHT TRAIN TO HANOI (B, L, D)
07h00-09h00: Have breakfast at hotel and check out.
09h30: Depart from your hotel for 6km of walking down to the South-east of Sapa along the side of Muong Hoa valley to visit Y Linh Ho, a village inhabited by the H’mong minority. This is a great opportunity to take photographs of hereditary terraces that are estimated around 100 years old. Continue a 2km-trekking down to visit Lao Chai village where you will visit the H’mong home town.
12h30: Stop for a rest and light picnic lunch in a local village. It gives you a worth chance to learn about the local house architecture which is full of their daily life styles and exclusive custom.
After lunch and a relaxing break, gear up for another trek through rice paddy fields and spectacular scenery to visit Ta Van village of the Dzay minority people.
At the end of the trek, transfer by road back to Sapa.
15h30: Arrive at your hotel. Time to relax or wander around the town and visit Sapa ethnic market on your own.
16h30: Take a shower at hotel and have dinner before transfer downhill to Lao Cai for the night train to Hanoi (your overnight train departs before 22h00).
NIGHT 3: Stay overnight on the train in a comfortable soft sleeper compartment (4 berth, air-conditioned compartment).
Early arrival in Hanoi around 5h00 am next day then transfer to your hotel or central Hanoi for onward departure.
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Two way train tickets based on first class 4 berth shared cabin with air-conditioner (Soft sleeper wooden cabin).
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Good mountain bikes (European standard).
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Meals as mentioned in program (B = Breakfast, L= Lunch, D=Dinner).
– Accommodation as program in a shared twin or shared double room.
– Other meals than mentioned.
– Other services than mentioned.
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature.
– Travel insurance, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Drinks with meals.
– Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the program.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– The price above is based on two persons sharing one room. If you prefer a single room on your own, please pay single room supplement.
– Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Christmas period (Dec 24-26), New Year period (Dec 31-Jan 02) and Public holidays of Vietnam.
– For additional hotel night cost to the packages, please contact us for the rates.
– This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan. You can also disregard full package tours and choose whatever travel items you need we can quote the tours you really want. Usually travel insurance is not covered in our quotations.
– Keep your luggage and money by yourself.
– Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
– Take original passports, good and comfortable trekking shoes, insect repellent, torches, sun scream, towels, rain gear and extra warm clothes. All customers must obey the order of your guide for your safety.
– Child definition: from age of 3 to 9 years (usually enjoying 10%-20% discount. Contact us for the actual discount for your case). 10 years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
– All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.