This two day Sapa Biking and Homestay eventually involves two overnight trains from/to Hanoi (9 hour duration/ way), two 5-hour cyclings, one night home-stay and a nail-biting cliff edge mini-bus journey. Most cabins on the night train are for four people, shiny clean cabins with comfortable bunk beds for the night. It can be a unique experience that you have ever had.
Note: If you visit Sapa in May (rice planting month) and September (rice ripening month), you will earn an opportunity to savor spectacular golden terraced fields and explore the methods of harvesting or planting. Appropriate footwear must be worn on treks in Sapa. Note that if conditions are wet, programs may be changed.
NIGHT 1: HA NOI – LAO CAI STATION BY TRAIN
This evening you will be picked up from your hotel lobby by our representative for a short transfer to Hanoi Train Station for the overnight train to Lao Cai, the gateway to Sapa (9 hour duration). Settle down for an early night to try and get as much sleep as possible for your first day of trekking as you will be woken up around 5h00am on arrival to Sapa.
Stay overnight on the train in a comfortable soft sleeper compartment (4 berth, air-conditioned compartment).
DAY 1: LAO CAI – SAPA BIKING TO LAO CHAI, TA VAN & BAN HO VILLAGE – HOMESTAY (B, L, D)
Arrive Lao Cai Train Station early this morning around 06h00, set off to meet your tour guide and driver then take a drive of 40km for over an hour drive uphill to Sapa. The ride offers a glimpse over the stunning vistas and impressive rice terraces.
Upon arrival in Sapa town freshen up and have breakfast then gear up for your exciting ride. Glide 9km to Lao Chai Village to visit the Black H’Mong people, and then continue 2km along a trail to Ta Van where you will meet the local Dzay people.
After lunch in Su Pan, ride 10km of rocky road down the valley to Ban Ho village. Stop at the homestay of your Tay hosts to drop off your gear, then take a walk around the village to the waterfall for a swim (if weather permits).
In evening enjoy tasteful dinner at your local house and stay overnight in the Tay’s stilt house.
NIGHT 2: Stay overnight at a local homestay.
DAY 2: BIKING TO THANH PHU – NAM SAI VILLAGE – SAPA – NIGHT TRAIN TO HANOI (B, L, D)
After breakfast, cycle 8km to Thanh Phu village of Tay minority, then do a 7km loop along the trail to Nam Sai village to visit Xa Pho and Red Dzao ethnic minority groups. Xa Pho minority is one of the smallest ethnic groups that cannot be found in other areas.
Head back to Thanh Phu for lunch in a local house, then cycle down the stunning valley to a hanging bridge where our vehicle awaits for you for a journey back to Sapa town.
16h30: Take a shower at hotel and have dinner before transfer downhill to Lao Cai for the night train to Hanoi (your overnight train departs before 22h00).
NIGHT 3: Stay overnight on the train in a comfortable soft sleeper compartment (4 berth, air-conditioned compartment).
Early arrival in Hanoi around 5h00am next day then transfer to your hotel or central Hanoi for onward departure.
TOUR PRICES: (For standard option)
2015 Price per person in US$ in party of:
|Private Sapa tour & shared bus from
Lao Cai station to Sapa and return
|Private Sapa tour & private transfer
from Lao Cai station to Sapa and return
* Prices are in US Dollars per person on a shared basis.
* Prices may vary according to your chosen hotel grade. Please contact us to get the best possible price.
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Two way train tickets based on first class 4 berth shared cabin with air-conditioner (Soft sleeper wooden cabin).
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Good mountain bikes (European standard).
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Meals as mentioned in program (B = Breakfast, L= Lunch, D=Dinner).
– Other meals than mentioned.
– Other services than mentioned.
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature.
– Travel insurance, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Drinks with meals.
– Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the program.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– The price above is based on two persons sharing one room. If you prefer a single room on your own, please pay single room supplement.
– Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Christmas period (Dec 24-26), New Year period (Dec 31-Jan 02) and Public holidays of Vietnam.
– For additional hotel night cost to the packages, please contact us for the rates.
– This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan. You can also disregard full package tours and choose whatever travel items you need we can quote the tours you really want. Usually travel insurance is not covered in our quotations.
– Keep your luggage and money by yourself.
– Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
– Take original passports, good and comfortable trekking shoes, insect repellent, torches, sun scream, towels, rain gear and extra warm clothes. All customers must obey the order of your guide for your safety.
– Child definition: from age of 3 to 9 years (usually enjoying 10%-20% discount. Contact us for the actual discount for your case). 10 years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
– All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.