Enjoy 2 day Phong Nha Cave and DMZ tour with an overnight stay in Dong Hoi town. Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park is one of the most spectacular wilderness sites in South East Asia and one of the 2 largest limestone regions in the world. In the past Phong Nha Cave was lit up like a psychedelic rock concert, but it has now been revamped to display the unique natural beauty of the cave in a way that does it justice. The boat ride in to the cave and a short walk inside provides an entertaining day out and a fascinating way to see the cave and surrounding landscapes. This and many other of the caves in the area were used as hospitals, bomb shelters and ammunition depots during the American war, providing an interesting historical story to the cave as well.
The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) was the site of some of the fiercest and bloodiest battles during the American War and a tour through this historic region is an informative glimpse in to the war time history.
PHONG NHA CAVE AND DMZ TOUR ITINERARY
DAY 1: HUE – PHONG NHA CAVE – DONG HOI (Lunch included)
Phong Nha Cave and DMZ tour starts at 08h00 in the morning. Our guide & driver will pick you up at your hotel in Hue City Center then depart for Quang Binh. On the way, stop for visit the Ben Hai River, Hien Luong Bridge, lying in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) of the Vietnam war, to the Vinh Moc underground tunnels – one of the most famous battle-field in Vietnam War.
Have lunch at Dong Hoi town, then continue to visit Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park. On arrival take a boat cruise on the Son River upstream to visit Phong Nha Cave with its grottoes: Bi Ky, Cung Dinh, Tien … and Tien Son). The deeper one penetrates, the more magical are the natural aspects of the caves. After on boat for 700m, a large dry passage is appear, then you can walk to discover the cave for 500m more. You will have a chance to explore the remain of Cham Altars and Inscriptions inside. Dinner on guest account.
Stay overnight at hotel in Dong Hoi Town.
DAY 2: DONG HOI – DMZ – HUE (Breakfast, Lunch included)
Breakfast at the hotel.
Check out and clear bill then depart for Dong Ha town to visit historic Khe Sanh Combat, Ho Chi Minh Trail, Rock Pile.
Have lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch and break return to Hue via Quang Tri Citadel.
Phong Nha Cave and DMZ tour ends at your hotel around 17h00.
PHONG NHA CAVE AND DMZ TOUR PRICES:
|Price per person on a shared basis in US$ in party of:|
|02||03-06||07-10||11-14||15-19||20 and up|
|Standard Class (2*)
||160 US$||125 US$||85 US$||80 US$||75 US$||70 US$|
|First Class (3*)||165 US$||135 US$||90 US$||85 US$||80 US$||75 US$|
– Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle from and to your hotel as tour program indicated.
– Boat trip on Son River, Phong Nha cave.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Meals as mentioned in program.
– Accommodation at hotel based on twin sharing with breakfast.
– One bottle of water on bus.
– The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 04 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 05 to 07 years old.
– 75% charge of adult price for children from 08 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.