Hidden 70-km Southwest of Hanoi among lush paddy fields, limestone karsts and picturesque villages, the Perfume Pagoda is the perfect one-day trip from Hanoi for nature lovers. Enjoy a leisurely 3-hour sampan boat cruise through rice fields and ‘Halong Bay’ style rock formations before heading up to the Perfume Pagoda. It is one of the most important religious sites of Buddhism in Vietnam. The pagoda itself is a set of shrines and temples built into a limestone hillside.
Start your Perfume Pagoda Tour with the pick up at 8h00 in the morning from your hotel then depart for the 2-hour journey to the Perfume Pagoda. Enjoy the scenic drive through the rich farming land of the Red River Delta, to one of northern Vietnam’s holiest sites.
On arrival at Ben Duc boat harbor board a rowing boat (a small boat-rowed by local people) for the relaxing hours’ cruise down the Yen River, along the way stop at Den Trinh (pagoda of representation).
The Perfume Pagoda is not just one pagoda but many shrines and temples built into a limestone hillside. The first of these is at the foot of Huong Tich Mountain, which means ‘Mountain of Fragrant Traces’. From here, disembark and follow a stone flagged path to Thien Tru, ‘Pagoda Leading to Heaven’. This pagoda was built in the seventeenth century and dedicated to the goddess Quan Am, symbolically marking the start of the journey to ‘heaven’. Continue the walk uphill to Huong Tich Chu, ‘Pagoda of the Perfumed Vestige’. The pagoda is one of the most important to the Mahayana Buddhists of Vietnam.
Note: As an option there is a cable car which can be taken instead of walking (not included).
At the top you will be rewarded with a fine view and taking photos. Then start the journey back down the mountain. Return by rowing boat to the vehicle for transfer back to Hanoi, arriving Hanoi in the late afternoon.
Finish the trip at your hotel around 18h00.
– Proper walking shoes must be worn for this tour. The trek can be strenuous for some as the path is fairly steep. As an option there is a cable car which can be taken instead of walking (Extra cost on client’s own account).
– During Tet (Vietnamese New Year; February – April) and the three months preceding it, the Perfume Pagoda is crowded with pilgrims and travels and is not recommended. For further details, please contact us by phone (hotline: +84 902 088 698) or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
||16 and up
|Private tour||115 US$||70 US$||55 US$||50 US$||44 US$||38 US$||34 US$|
|Group tour||26 US$|
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle from and to your hotel as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Boat trip on Yen Stream rowing by local people.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– One bottle of water on bus.
– Cable car tickets.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 04 years old.
– 70% charge of adult price for children from 05 to 8 years old.
– Children from 9 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.