Paradise Cave (Thien Duong Cave) is a cave in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, UNESCO’s World Heritage Site, 60 km northwest of Dong Hoi city. Paradise Cave is located on an elevation of 200 meters above the sea level, near the west branch of Ho Chi Minh Highway, in Son Trach Commune, Bo Trach District, Quang Binh Province, Vietnam. The cave was discovered by a local man in 2005 and 5 first km of this cave was explored by explorers from British Cave Research Association in 2005, the whole 31 km was explored and publicly announced by the British cave explorers. This cave is 31 km long, longer than Phong Nha Cave which had been considered the longest cave in this national park. The height can reach to 100 m and 150 wide. The limestone formation is also more spectacular than that of Phong Nha Cave. The atmosphere in Thien Duong is always cool and moist with an average temperature of 20-21oC. Sitting in front of the cave you can feel a cold blast of air, a pleasing respite from the 30-35oC heat outside.
The British cave explorers was impressed by the beautiful and spectacular stalactites and stalagmites inside this cave and they named it Thien Duong Cave (Paradise Cave). In 2012, a new scorpion species Vietbocap thienduongensis was found here.
The cave has been opened to tourists since 3 September 2010. The car paking is 1.6 km from the entry of the cave, and tourists will go by golf car or walk on a paved road to the cave mouth. Only 1 km is open to tourists.
A DAY PARADISE CAVE ITINERARY
06:30am Our guide & driver will pick you up at your hotel in Hue City Center and depart for Paradise Cave (250km from Hue City). Stop at La Vang Holly Land (40 kilometers from Hue) which became the National Marian Center of Vietnam on April 13, 1961 and pass DMZ of Quang Tri, The Macnamara Line, 17 Parallel, Ben Hai River, Hien Luong Bridge.
Have lunch at a local restaurant. Afternoon, visit the Paradise Cave, is like ” The Pavillivion on the earth “. The cave is in the heart of a limestone mountain range and runs through the Phong Nha-Ke Bang conservation area. Inside the cave, you can see stunning stalagmites and stalactites which are thousands of years of existence. At the beginning of the cave, there is a huge arch which is said to symbolize the Mountain Genie who will defend the prevailing peace inside.
Compared to Phong Nha Cave, the stalagmites in Paradise Cave are more various in shape and size – there are some which stretch for up to 60m, some which are said to look like the three Vietnamese gods of Happiness, Fortune and Longevity. Others are said to look like tigers, elephants and fish.
The mysterious natural beauty of Paradise Cave will fascinate all visitors. Local authority a trying their best to develop along with preserve not only Paradise Cave, but also other caves and grottoes within Phong Nha – Ke Bang complex.
Return to your hotel in Hue where the full day explorer ends at around 19:30.
A DAY PARADISE CAVE TOUR PRICES:
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
||03-05||06-12||13-25||26-32||33 and up
|Private tour||100 US$||80 US$||60 US$||50 US$||40 US$||35 US$|
|Group tour||34 US$|
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle from and to your hotel as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 05 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 06 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.
- TIPS FOR YOU:
– You should wear comfortable shoes for the walking route to Paradise cave. The walkways can be a little bit tough. It is very wet inside the cave and if possible bring a 2nd pair of shoes to let yours dry out if you took them in.
– The Paradise cave can be very crowded on weekends or holidays so it’s advisable to book tour on the weekdays.
– Paradise Cave located in the Phong Nha National Park, which is about 250km South of Hue.