If you’re looking to experience the natural wonders of Vietnam and you are in good physical shape, then this 3 day Mt. Fansipan Summit trek is for you. You don’t need to be a trekking expert, you just need endurance and plenty of energy to experience the Fansipan Summit in all it’s glory.
Standing at an impressive 3143m, Fansipan is the highest mountain in Vietnam and is often called “The Roof of Indochina”. This remote trek provides plenty to see and absorb, from the scattered rocks inscribed with drawings and designs of unknown origin, to the French influenced hill retreat town of Sapa with its ethnic culture, beautiful villas and cherry forests.
The trek to the top of Mt. Fansipan is challenging and will be fully supported every step of the way by our guides, porters and cooks whose local knowledge and understanding of the different hill-tribe cultures we pass along the way will add to the uniqueness of this exhilarating journey .
NIGHT 1: HA NOI – LAO CAI STATION BY TRAIN
This evening you will be picked up from your hotel lobby by our representative for a short transfer to Hanoi Train Station for the overnight train to Lao Cai, the gateway to Sapa (9 hour duration). Settle down for an early night to try and get as much sleep as possible for your first day of trekking as you will be woken up around 5h00am on arrival to Sapa.
Stay overnight on the train in a comfortable soft sleeper compartment (4 berth, air-conditioned compartment).
DAY 1: LAO CAI – SAPA – 2,200M OF ALTITUDE (B, L, D)
Arrive to Lao Cai Train Station early this morning around 06h00, set off to meet your tour guide and driver then take a drive of 40km for over an hour drive uphill to Sapa. The ride offers a glimpse over the stunning vistas and impressive rice terraces. Upon arrival in Sapa town freshen up and have breakfast then prepare for a trek up Mt. Fansipan.
At 09h00 you’ll be driven by Jeep to Tram Ton pass (at 1900 meters of altitude) where we’ll start the climb to the peak. We’ll trek for 8 hours through primitive forest, many small streams and bamboo forests. Throughout this climb, we can observe and learn about the local cardamom trees, and the uses they have for this local area. Local birds can also be seen throughout this walk, with seasons varying, and the time of year you visit.
At the base camp at the height of 2,200m, we then set up our tents, and prepare for dinner. Relax by the fire and enjoy the company of your guides and porters.
NIGHT 2: Stay overnight in a camp.
DAY 2: 2,200M – FANSIPAN PEAK – 2,700M OF ALTITUDE (B, L, D)
With an early rise of 06h30-07h00, we have breakfast together before a hard climb up to the top of Fansipan Mountain. At the top you will be the vanquisher. We can celebrate the victorious achievement as we arrive at the very top of Fansipan Mountain (3143 meters above sea level).
Take some time out, as you absorb the combination of the fresh crisp air, and beautiful views while overlooking Sapa town, admiring its thick green forestry landscape. (Please note: Sapa is known to be an area consisting of four seasons in one day, therefore the weather can change quite rapidly, altering from heavy mist and fog to warm sunny days. Hence, we cannot guarantee clear views from the top of this mountain)
After enjoying the remarkable views and a picnic lunch, we commence the descent to 2,700m and set up our camp for the night. Enjoy a warming dinner as we sit around the campfire cooking together, and drift off into a well-earned sleep after an eventful day.
NIGHT 3: Stay overnight in a camp.
DAY 3: 2,700M – SIN CHAI VILLAGE – SAPA – NIGHT TRAIN TO HANOI (B, L, D)
Today we can enjoy a well-deserved lye-in, rising around 07h30 for breakfast. Then walk at a gentle pace down to Sin Chai, a Black H’mong village situated at the foot of Mount Fansipan. Here we meet with our driver and we are transferred back by car to Sapa town.
Enjoy the rest of your day at leisure. Time to relax or wander around the town and visit Sapa ethnic market on your own.
16h30: Take a shower at hotel and have dinner before transfer downhill to Lao Cai for the night train to Hanoi (your overnight train departs before 22h00).
NIGHT 4: Stay overnight on the train in a comfortable soft sleeper compartment (4 berth, air-conditioned compartment).
Early arrival in Hanoi around 5h00 am next day then transfer to your hotel or central Hanoi for onward departure.
TOUR PRICES: (For standard option)
Type of tour
(Please choose one of two following options)
2015 Price per person in US$ in party of:
|Private Fansipan tour & shared bus from
Lao Cai station to Sapa and return
|Private Fansipan tour & private transfer
from Lao Cai station to Sapa and return
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Two way train tickets based on first class 4 berth shared cabin with air-conditioner (Soft sleeper wooden cabin).
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Meals as mentioned in program (B = Breakfast, L= Lunch, D=Dinner).
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Porters (to carry your food and luggage).
– Sleeping bag and mattresses.
– Waterproof blue-bag for luggage.
– Mosquito nets.
– Overnight in tent.
– Small rooms at hotel lobby for shower in Sapa.
– Other meals than mentioned.
– Other services than mentioned.
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature.
– Travel insurance, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Drinks with meals.
– Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the program.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Christmas period (Dec 24-26), New Year period (Dec 31-Jan 02) and Public holidays of Vietnam.
– For additional hotel night cost to the packages, please contact us for the rates.
– This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan. You can also disregard full package tours and choose whatever travel items you need we can quote the tours you really want. Usually travel insurance is not covered in our quotations.
– Keep your luggage and money by yourself.
– Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
– Take original passports, good and comfortable trekking shoes, insect repellent, torches, sun scream, towels, rain gear and extra warm clothes. All customers must obey the order of your guide for your safety.
– Child definition: from age of 3 to 9 years (usually enjoying 10%-20% discount. Contact us for the actual discount for your case). 10 years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
– All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.