The northwest of Vietnam is still a relatively untouched part of the country. Beautiful scenery and local villages make this area well worth a visit. Travel west from Hanoi through fertile valleys and along roads snaking through mountain passes before reaching the idyllic Mai Chau Valley. Have lunch in a traditional ‘Thai’ hill tribe stilt-house before exploring the area and heading back to Hanoi in the afternoon.
MAI CHAU DAY TOUR ITINERARY
Start your Mai Chau Day Tour with pick up at 08h00 from your hotel in Hanoi then depart for Mai Chau which is located 150 km northwest of Hanoi, the drive takes 3.5 hours. Just an hour out of Hanoi after Hoa Binh Town, the road will slowly weave itself through fertile valleys and traditional villages.
Mai Chau is a beautiful valley which is the homeland of the Thai people, one of the largest ethnic minorities group in Vietnam. The trip is going though the green rice paddies, spectacular scenery of limestone mountain range in the North West of Vietnam.
Arrive in the picturesque Mai Chau Valley which is surrounded by karst rock formations and rice paddies – after a delicious lunch cooked by a local family, spend the afternoon exploring the idyllic natural surroundings. Walk or cycle (optional) on flat local roads around the Pomcoong village and Lac village to discover the Thai ethnic minorities. This interesting walking tour will give you unforgettable memory especially when you stop at a village school (for those who want to give children pencils, books … – optional).
In the late afternoon set off for your departure back to Hanoi, as you arrive at the top of the Mai Chau Valley itself, don’t forget to have your camera ready as the views are superb. Return to Hanoi at your hotel around 17:00.
Your Mai Chau day tour ends.
MAI CHAU DAY TOUR PRICES:
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
||16 and up
|Private tour||129 US$||80 US$||65 US$||50 US$||42 US$
||39 US$||35 US$|
|Group tour||39 US$
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– One bottle of water on bus.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 05 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 06 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.