Once known as the ancient capital of Vietnam, Hue is now like a bass note of a lively music writing a dynamic Vietnam. Here converge all interests that draw travelers’ sense of discovery, from fascinating culture, art and architecture, unique cuisine, handicraft villages, great history to picturesque landscapes.
Join us in this Hue Cyclo tour exploring the beautiful feudal palace, the huge ancient walled city with a central forbidden city as well as taking a cruise along the Perfume River, and having some special cuisine, you can feel the actual picturesque view of this natural classical mysterious city!
HUE CYCLO TOUR & BOAT TRIP ON PERFUME RIVER ITINERARY
Hue Cyclo tour starts at 08h00 in the morning. Our cyclo driver and tourist guide will pick you up at your hotel to visit the Imperial Citadel where the Nguyen Dynasty ruled between 1802 and 1945. The Citadel includes Flag Tower, Ngo Mon Gate, Nine Dynastic Urns, Nine Holy Cannons, Thai Hoa Palace, Forbidden Purple City (Tu Cam Thanh). The ancient citadel reflects the pomp and ceremony of the dynastic rulers as well as the scars of many years of turmoil, both ancient and modern (the Royal Citadel was badly damaged in the latter stages of the war) but retains a sense of grace and majesty even today.
Continue on cyclo ride to boat port for a cruise on Perfume River to visit Thien Mu (Celestial Lady) Pagoda overlooking the Perfume River; constructed in 1601 the 21-meter tall tower is the centerpiece of the pagoda and represents seven reincarnations of Buddha. In the grounds of the pagoda is the Austin car made famous when in 1963, a resident monk drove the vehicle to what was then Saigon to protest against the southern regime, the photo of his self immortalization was captured and was one of the most well known images of the war.
Next stop will be the tomb of the former emperor Minh Mang which is located in a tranquil setting of gardens and ponds. Lunch will be served on boat.
In the afternoon return to Hue, you have chance to enjoy the daily life of local people living along the river and enjoy the sunset on Perfume River.
Hue Cyclo tour ends at your hotel around 16:30.
HUE CYCLO TOUR & BOAT TRIP ON PERFUME RIVER TOUR PRICES:
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
|02||03-06||07-10||11 and up|
|Private tour||45 US$||40 US$||34 US$||32 US$|
– Cyclo as tour program indicated.
– Boat trip on Perfume River.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 05 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 06 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.