Hue Countryside by Bike Day Tour will take you to visit Thuy Bieu Village, an ancient village long known for its cultural heritage and rustic greenery.
Located on the Southern bank of Huong River, around 7 km from Hue city center, Thuy Bieu is well-known as a lush green and rustic Hue countryside. The village is not only famous for tasty pomelo but also a hundred year-beam houses with ancient architecture. In spring, blooming pomelo flower scents in every single rout and when autumn comes, ripe pomelo can be found everywhere in the village. You will pass several ancient temples, communal houses and traditional crafts on the trip way. Besides, you will have a chance to prepare some special conventional Hue cakes namely “banh loc”, “banh nam” etc., with local people. Leaving hectic life of urban and taking the tour, you will enjoy an unforgettable trip in a typical Hue village.
Hue Countryside by Bike Day Tour’s Information:
Duration: Approximately 6 hours (from 8:30am to 14:30)
Cycling distance: 10 – 15km
Pick up: 8:00 – 08:30 at your hotel
Group size: Minimum 2 people – Maximum 12 people
Departure point: 08:30am at 40A/42 Nguyen Cong Tru st, Hue City
Biking information: 20% city road, 60% countryside road, 10% broken road, 10% tarmac road
HUE COUNTRYSIDE BY BIKE DAY TOUR ITINERARY
Meet your guide, pick up your bike then start cycling from City center to Thuy Bieu Village via southern bank of Perfume River. A bit busy at the beginning but worth it when you make it to the village. Then it’s time to swing around.
– Discover Tiger Fighting Arena, one of historical place, where elephants and tigers’ fought to the death for the entertainment of the Emperor, the royal family and mandarin.
– Leave the arena behind, we continue biking to Elephant Temple which is a royal temple where the King’s war elephants were buried and honored.
– Continue riding to Thuy Bieu Village, visit the first local house, find out silk painting craft by local people.
– Keep cycling around the laid-back, rustic and peaceful setting of Thuy Bieu Village, passing several communal houses, ancient temples and especially the garden house – a typical and unique feature of Hue.
– Take a part in making “banh nam” and “banh loc” – Hue traditional cake – under the host instruction. You can enjoy them right after cooking.
– Next, bike to other family for chat & have lunch at local family.
– Keep riding along the roads then leave Thuy Bieu Village by dragon’s boat. Embark on boat for cruise along the poetic Perfume River and fill your heart and mind with fresh air.
Hue Countryside by Bike Day Tour will be ended at Toa Kham wharf, then you could make your way to your hotel.
TOUR PRICES: 35 US$ per person (S.I.C tour)
– Bicycle and helmet
– English speaking guide
– Boat trip on Perfume River
– Soft drinks and water
– Entrance fees
– Learning how to make Hue traditional cake
– Lunch at local family
– Tips and Gratuities (optional)
– Personal expense
– Travel Insurance. We highly recommend the purchase of personal travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for your trips to Vietnam.
– Transfers to and from airports, sea/river ports and train stations (supplements will apply)
– Transfers to and from hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center (supplements will apply)
TIPS FOR YOU:
– The itinerary could be flexible by our guide due to the participant skills and other unexpected circumstances.
– For safety on cycling trip, guide’s instruction should be followed.
– Please travel-light. We have handle-bar bag for your sun-cream, sun-glasses, wallet, cell-phone and compact camera.