A spectacular trip to discover Ninh Binh with a boat trip to visit three enormous caves and view local fisher folk and explore the village along the river. Another exciting activity is the visit to Hoa Lu, an ancient Capital of Vietnam (968 – 1009) and the temples of the Dinh & Le Dynasty. This trip surely bring you unforgettable travel experience.
Start your Hoa Lu and Tam Coc Tour with the pick up from your hotel at 8h00 in the morning then depart for the 2 and half-hour drive through rural northern Vietnam to the site of Vietnam’s first capital, Hoa Lu. Visit the temples dedicated to Emperor Dinh Tien Hoang of the Dinh Dynasty (968-80), and Emperor Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dynasty (980-1009). The ancient Hoa Lu Citadel (most of which has since been destroyed) once covered an area of three square kilometers.
In the late morning depart for Tam Coc Town for a Vietnamese lunch, along the way stop where you wish to take photographs of local villages and the stunning landscape.
After lunch board your sampan to visit Tam Coc (see other option* below). Tam Coc are three limestone caves stretching along Ngo Dong River. As the boat gently slices through the water, notice the enormous limestone karsts jutting out from the green rice fields giving rise to other name, ‘Halong on Land’.
For those who want to do biking can cycle for an hour on quiet roads through villages, rice fields, rivers and rocky outcrops from Tam Coc to Bich Dong (around 5 km) – extra charge 3 US$ per person as optional.
Should you feel adventurous climb up to Bich Dong Pagoda on nearby Ngu Nhac Mountain, dating to 1428 and comprising three structures: Ha, Trung, and Thuong Pagodas, in ascending order.
Return to Hanoi where your full day Hoa Lu and Tam Coc Tour ends at around 18h00.
* Optional (for private tour only):
Trang An: situated near to Tam Coc, Trang An is a nature reserve similar to Tam Coc however less visited. Limestone hills surround a peaceful river which passes through a series of caves (one which takes 15-minutes to pass through in darkness). An ‘eco tourism’ area, the only interruptions here are the sound of birds and the gentle paddle of the oar upon the crystal clear river.
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
||16 and up
|Private tour||115 US$||72 US$||58 US$||52 US$||45 US$||41 US$||37 US$|
|Group tour||32 US$|
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle from and to your hotel as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Boat trip on Ngo Dong River rowing by local people.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– One bottle of water on bus.
– Bicycle from Tam Coc to Bich Dong: 3 US$ per person as optional.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 04 years old.
– 70% charge of adult price for children from 05 to 8 years old.
– Children from 9 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.