Spend a day at Ho Chi Minh City and Cu Chi Tunnels seeing the city’s cultural and historical sights and exploring the tunnel system at Cu Chi that once stretched for over 250 kilometers and played an integral role in the American-Vietnamese War. Learn how the tunnels were constructed and how the Vietnamese lived and fought during the Vietnam War.
HO CHI MINH CITY AND CU CHI TUNNELS ITINERARY
07:30-07:45 Our guide & driver will pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City Center then drive to visit the Notre Dame Cathedral and the historic Central Post Office, fine examples of classical French colonial architecture.
Continue to visit the Reunification Palace, one of the city’s most important buildings. Here on 30 April 1975 the American War officially ended when tank number 843 of the North Vietnamese Army crashed through the gates of what was at the time the residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam.
Formerly known as the Museum of American War Crimes, the War Remnants Museum features poignant displays of the futility of war. The courtyard outside contains the spoils of war, namely rusting jets, tanks, and cannons captured from the American military machine.
Have lunch at a local restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City.
After lunch, driving to Cu Chi tunnels – the network of over 250km of tunnels became legendary when they played a vital role in the War. Before entering the tunnels, you’ll watch a short introductory video showing how they were constructed, then spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels. Also on display are various mantraps, the remains of an American tank and numerous bomb craters made by 500 pound bombs dropped by B52 bombers. For those interested there’s even the opportunity to fire off rounds from an AK47 or MK16 at the nearby rifle range.
Your day tour to visit Ho Chi Minh City and Cu Chi Tunnels end at your hotel around 18:30.
HO CHI MINH CITY AND CU CHI TUNNELS TOUR PRICES:
|2017 Price per person in US Dollars in party of:|
|Type of tour||01||02||03-04||05-06||07-10||11-16|
|Private tour||110 US$||73 US$||63 US$||54 US$||46 US$||43 US$|
|Group tour (16-40 people)||36 US$||32 US$||32 US$||31 US$||31 US$||30 US$|
Premier group tour (group size 2-15 people) can be arranged at 40 US$ per person.
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated with pick up and drop off at your hotel (in District 1 only for group tour).
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– Mineral water (1 bottle/ person).
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Free of charge for children less than 05 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 06 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.