Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, and also its second largest city, is a fascinating blend of East and West, combining traditional Sino-Vietnamese motifs with French flair. It is cosy with tree-lines, boulevards, lakes, parks, French colonial buildings, elegant squares. As the capital of Vietnam for almost a thousand years, Hanoi is considered to be the cultural centre of Vietnam, where every dynasty has left behind their imprint. Even though some relics have not survived through wars and time, the city still has many interesting cultural and historic monuments for visitors and residents alike.
07:45-08:15 Our guide & driver will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter. Start your Hanoi city group tour with a visit to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum. Enjoy the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho’s final resting-place. Just next door is Ho Chi Minh’s house on stilts. Lying to one side of the Mausoleum is the One Pillar Pagoda; founded by King Ly Thai To in 1049 the structure has become an important symbol for the people of Hanoi.
Continue to visit the Quan Thanh Temple (Taoist – dating from the Ly Dynasty) and Buddhist Tran Quoc Pagoda on West lake (One of the oldest in Vietnam). Lunch.
After lunch proceed to visit the Literature Temple and Quoc Tu Giam – Vietnam’s first university constructed in 1070, it’s gardens and well-preserved architecture offers a relaxing glimpse into Vietnam’s past. Then visit Bat Trang Pottery Village – the most ancient and famous pottery village of Vietnam.
After that, we will take you past Hoan Kiem Lake to see the peaceful waters and visit Ngoc Son Temple. For the end of the tour, visit by coach trip along the Hanoi Old Quarter. Free for shopping until 15:30.
Your Hanoi day tour ends at around 16:00.
- PRICE FOR HANOI CITY GROUP TOUR: 28 US$ per person
Things to know:
– On Monday and Friday morning, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum are closed.
– Extra charge for Water Puppet show is 5 US$/person, a traditional performance that dates back as far as the 11th century in the villages of the Red River Delta area of Northern Vietnam.
– Extra charge for a visit to Vietnam Ethnology Museum is 3 US$/person.
– Transportation by air conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– Water Puppet tickets (Applicable to Deluxe Option only).
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 05 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 06 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. GO VIET Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.