This Vietnam tour is organized for travelers with limited time in Vietnam but want to visit the whole country as well as understand Vietnamese people. You will visit the most known of Vietnam:
– Natural beauty;
– Previous and present daily life Vietnam;
– The war with America in the past and the Peace today.
* This Vietnam tour can be reversed starting from Ho Chi Minh City and ending in Hanoi depending on your flight schedule.
GLIMPSE OF VIETNAM TOUR ITINERARY
DAY 1: HANOI ARRIVAL – HANOI CYCLO TOUR AND WATER PUPPET SHOW (D)
Arriving in Hanoi (Noi Bai airport), you will be welcomed by your guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in (hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in).
In the afternoon, we start the tour with Hanoi sightseeing. We will present you Vietnam daily life in the past and now with one hour cyclo tour around the trading area in Hanoi Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake (considered as the most beautiful lake in Hanoi) and visit Ngoc Son Temple or Temple of the Jade Mound, is located on a small islet at Hoan Kiem Lake, was built in the 19th century.
Finish the day with one hour water puppet show – a famous traditional Vietnamese art with more than 800 years of history. It’s a unique heritage from the Red River (Sông Hồng) region in northern Vietnam. Enjoy welcome dinner at restaurant.
Stay overnight in Hanoi.
DAY 2: HANOI – HALONG BAY, THE WORLD HERITAGE – HANOI (B, L, -)
08h00 You will be picked up from your hotel lobby for 3.5 hour bus ride through the country side of the Red River Delta to Ha Long City. Water buffalos, paddy fields (rice transplanting time: February and June) and daily Vietnamese farmer life are on both sides of the way.
Arrive in Halong City around noon, we board a traditional wooden junk and start the cruising trip to the centre of the bay. Fresh seafood lunch (vegetable menu available) is served while the boat is gliding out. Get ready for exotic photos and absorbing the most magnificent natural splendors, limestone bedrocks and sheer cliffs of tiny islands highlighted with fanciful names: Fighting Cocks (symbol of Halong Bay), Duck(quick swim is an optional choice), Finger, Incense Burner, and Stone Dogs.
Keep cruising to visit Thien Cung and Dau Go cave. Continue to enjoy this relaxing cruise on the way back to Ha Long harbor, our waiting vehicle transfers you back to Hanoi. Trip ends at your hotel around 19h30.
Stay overnight in Hanoi.
DAY 3: HANOI – FLIGHT TO DANANG – HOI AN, THE ANCIENT TOWN (B, L, -)
This day, you are moving to the central part of Vietnam. Our driver will pick you up at your hotel and transfer to Noi Bai Airport for flight to Danang. On arrival at Danang airport, you are transferred to Hoi An, which was originally one of major trading centers of Southeast Asia in the 16th century. Stop on the way to visit the Marble Mountains and Cham Museum (rich collection of Cham sculptures from in 14-15 century back with Indian influences).
Check in hotel and lunch will be served in the local restaurant.
In the afternoon take a walking tour around this enchanting port town. Follow the narrow lanes lined with centuries-old houses influenced by Chinese, Japanese, French and European architectures and visit its numerous places of interest: the 400-year old Japanese Covered Bridge, the Phuc Kien Assembly Halls, the local fish market … Around the town we can see a numerous art galleries and tailor shops, get some made-to-order clothes if you like. Return to your hotel where the full day trip ends.
Stay overnight in Hoi An.
DAY 4: HOI AN – DANANG – FLIGHT TO HO CHI MINH CITY – CU CHI TUNNELS (B, L, -)
Today, fly to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), formerly known as Saigon. You will be transferred to the airport and picked up on arrival at HCMC airport.
In the afternoon depart Ho Chi Minh City for the drive to Cu Chi district. Leaving the city behind, the scenery changes to views of rice paddies, villagers drying noodles by the side of the road and other scenes typical to southern Vietnam.
Arrive and start the visit of the famous Cu Chi Tunnels which consist of an incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters (Viet Cong) during both the French and American wars. Start the visit with the Ben Dinh or Ben Duocsections of the tunnel. Here you can imagine what it was like to be a guerrilla complete with Russian Carbine rifles and AK 47’s on display.
In the late afternoon journey back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Stay overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
DAY 5: HO CHI MINH CITY – MEKONG DELTA, BEN TRE (B, L, -)
This morning, depart at 08h30 from the southern economic hub of Ho Chi Minh City to the area referred locally as “the rice bowl of Vietnam”.
On arrival in Ben Tre Province head towards Tien Giang where you will board your local boat for a cruise among the aptly named Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix Islands. En-route, visit a small factory producing handicrafts made of coconut. Stop at Turtle Island where you will visit a tropical orchard to taste some exotic fruit.
After the boat trip, take a ride on a horse driven cart along country roads to a famed garden for a honey tasting session. Continue on a smaller rowing boat for a more adventurous cruise on the Xep Canal which is set amongst a forest of palm trees.
Embark once more by boat to Turtle Island where a selection of Mekong delicacies will be served for lunch. In the afternoon return to Ben Tre for a visit to Vinh Trang Pagoda before heading back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will arrive late this afternoon.
Stay overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
DAY 6: HO CHI MINH CITY DEPARTURE (B)
The day is at your leisure for last minute sight-seeing or shopping until your transfer to Tan Son Nhat Airport for your onward flight.
Your Vietnam tour ends.
If hotel and other travel arrangements are required, please contact us.
TOUR PRICES: Available upon Request
Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
Our services include:
– Full transportation by private air conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– All entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
– Boat trips as stated in above sights.
– All excursion trips and activities as tour program indicated.
– Local English-speaking guides (for other languages supplements apply).
– Meals as stated in the program (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner).
– Accommodation in shared twin or double bedded room with air-condition and private bathroom.
– Mineral water and chilled tissue served on trip.
– The written approval letter for a visa on arrival (single entry).
Our services exclude:
– Visa stamping fee on arrival (45 US$ per person).
– All air tickets not mentioned in the program and above quotation.
– Optional tours.
– Surcharges for other language guides.
– Personal travel insurance.
– Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc…
– Meals and services other than mentioned in the program.
– Drinks with meals.
– Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the program.
– Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Christmas period (Dec 24-26), New Year period (Dec 31-Jan 02).
– For additional hotel night cost to the packages, please contact us for the rates.
– Domestic flights of Hanoi-Danang and Danang-Saigon can be arranged upon request (subject to availability at the time of final confirmation).
– This private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
– This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan. You can also disregard full package tours and choose whatever travel items you need or a mix of private and group tours to minimize the cost. We can quote the tours you really want. Usually travel insurance is not covered in our quotations.
– Child definition: from age of 3 to 9 Years (usually enjoying 10%-20% discount. Contact us for the actual discount for your case). 10 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
– All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.