Emeraude Halong Bay Cruise launched this Emeraude on Dec 16, 2003, the first ever luxury cruise ship designed as a direct inspiration from the past and built in Vietnam. Holiday-makers on Emeraude will cruise around scenic, memorable and beautiful Halong Bay.
Cabins & Suites
On the Emeraude, buoyed by one of the world’s most beautiful bays, little things matter. Colonial style brass fans. Hardwood floors. Beadboard walls. And the most comfortable beds on the bay. In every cabin, the rich decor evokes another age, when craftsmanship mattered more than the bottom line. But make no mistake: The Emeraude makes concessions to the modern era, with air conditioning, electricity and other amenities typical of an upscale hotel room. No need to bring your own hair dryer. We’ve got that. Umbrellas, slippers, bathrobes. We’ve imagined all the contingencies so you’ll be fully prepared to enjoy your cruise.
Cabin Size: Standard, Superior and Deluxe 12m2, Suites 25m2
Take an adventure trip to Halong Bay onboard Emeraude Classic Cruise you can choose natural walk or rock climbing option on the second day of this 3-day trip.
DAY 1: HANOI – HALONG BAY – EMERAUDE CRUISE (L, D)
* Emeraude Classic Cruise sails from Emeraude Pier. It provides a chargeable pick-up service from Hanoi to Ha Long.
12:00 – 12:15 Register/Check-in at Emeraude Café
12:15 – 12:30 Embark on Emeraude Cruise
12:30 – 12:35 Captain Raises Anchor
12:35 – 14:30 Cruising Halong Bay
12:45 – 14:00 Vietnamese Buffet Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 Free & Easy
15:00 – 16:00 Guided Shore Excursion to Sung Sot Grotto – “the cave of marvels” – one of the most imposing grottoes of the Bay.
16:00 – 16:30 Crepe Station on Sundeck and cruising to Pearl farm
16:30 – 17:30 Kayaking* or Swimming at Pearl farm
18:00 – 18:30 Vietnamese Fresh Spring Roll Cooking Class (Sundeck)
18:30 – 19:00 Complimentary Canapes on Sundeck
19:00 – 21:00 European dinner buffet served (Dress Code: Smart)
21:00 – 22:00 Bills Settlement (Optional)
20:00 – 22:00 Squid Fishing (Seasonal)
20:30 – 23:00 Silver Screen “Indochine”
Stay overnight on board
DAY 2: HALONG – LAN HA BAY (B, L, D)
06:00 – 07:00 Complimentary cafe gourmand served on the sundeck
06:30 – 07:00 Learn ancient art of Tai Chi on sundeck
07:00 – 08:30 Energizing breakfast served
OPTION 1: NATURE WALK, CULTURAL IMMERSION ON LIEN MINH VILLAGE
08:30 Transferring from the Emeraude onto our cruising boat you will cruise down through majestic Ha Long Bay into the more intimate and labyrinthine Lan Ha Bay. Wend your way through the karsts to Ben Beo harbour on the southern tip of Cat Ba Island where you will find your guide and transport waiting for you. Your Island experience begins with a twenty minute ride first along the coast line of Cat Ba Island and then into the lush green hills of secluded Lien Minh Village. Soon you’ll find yourself in the remote and breath taking Butterfly Valley, Lien Minh village. Upon arrival you will be served a delicious home-cooked Vietnamese meal made with some fresh locally grown produce. Under a hand-made bamboo enclosure enjoy a wide spread of foods and feel free to interact with the genuinely friendly and kind indigenous peoples of Lien Minh.
After lunch you will meet your local trekking guide, who will take you for a walk into the jungle and environs of this remote and untraveled section of the island. Re-energized with a full stomach, you can take a Nature Walk through the farmlands of Butterfly Valley passing friendly water buffalo and cattle as you wonder at the Valley’s rich flora and fauna. There are more than 600 different kinds of plants on Cat Ba island and Butterfly Valley is an accessible example sited just outside the conserved areas of the national park. If the Nature Walk does not appeal to you are free to explore the local area in your own way, taking time to greet the friendly locals who often delight in sharing an incomprehensible joke with visitors. After allowing the beauty and calm of the valley to sooth you we will transfer you back to the harbour where you may reflect on the days experiences while we once more cruise you through the stunning bays at through dusk and sunset. Arrive back to the luxury of the Emeraude the richer for the experience of Vietnamese village life.
18:30 – 19:00 Cocktails on the Sundeck
19:00 – 21:00 Gourmet Vietnamese seafood & European dinner buffet served
OPTION 2: ROCK CLIMBING, CRUISING, KAYAKING ON MOODY ISLAND
08:30 Transferring from the Emeraude onto our cruising boat you will cruise down through majestic Ha Long Bay into the more intimate and labyrinthine Lan Ha Bay. Spend the morning exploring the astonishing beauty of Lan Ha Bay’s less traveled beaches, archways, and wonderful lagoons. We provide a hearty lunch during which everyone can chat about their own experiences and feelings from the morning’s adventures.
After lunch, you’ll de-board at the amazing Moody’s Island beach. With sea water caressing two shorelines beneath massive limestone cliffs, you’ll have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the beauty of Lan Ha Bay as you’re certified climbing guides outfit you with safe and comfortable UIAA standard climbing harnesses and rock climbing gear. Your guides will set up top-rope systems on a number of different climbs (or ‘routes’) and after a short safety and instructional talk you may ascend the rock face safely and worry free. With the coaching of our experienced guides, climb as high as you’d like overlooking the emerald waters of Lan Ha Bay and enjoy a spectacular view unlike any other. Or swimming and lounging may suit some, you are free to take it easy in this spectacular spot if you prefer. Take it as it comes and our guides will be there to help make it happen! Enjoy the setting sun as you cruise back to the Emeraude for a well deserved evening Dinner under the stars of Ha Long Bay and an astounding day to remember!
Stay overnight on board
DAY 3: HALONG BAY – HANOI (B)
06:00 – 07:00 Coffee, Tea, Cookies and Muffins Served on the Sundeck (Complimentary)
06:30 – 07:00 Learn ancient art of Tai Chi on Sundeck
07:00 – 08:00 (Summer Program) Swimming and Kayaking at Ho Dong Tien Area
07:00 – 07:30 (Winter Program) Cruise to Luon Cave
07:30 – 08:00 (Winter Program) Bamboo Boat Ride inside Luon Cave
08:30 – 10:00 Energizing Full Breakfast Served
08:00 – 10:30 Cruising Bai Tu Long Bay through Ba Hai and Hang Ma Islands
08:00 – 09:00 Leave Luggage Outside of Cabins
10:30 – 11:00 Disembarkation
11:00 – 11:15 Drop Off Point – Emeraude Café
* Emeraude Halong Bay Cruise ends at Emeraude Pier around 11h00. It provides a chargeable transfer service from Ha Long back to Hanoi.
– Summer Program is from April to October
– Winter Program is from November to March
– Kayaking (*) is chargeable
– Bus departure is at 08h00 from Hanoi and the boat departs at 12h20 from Emeraude Cafe, Halong Bay, Halong City.
– Price shown is in US dollars and per person based on half twin Superior cabin. Upgrades available to stay at a Deluxe or Suite cabin. Additional costs will be applied. Please contact us for the best possible price.
– Welcome cocktail upon arrival
– Shore excursion
– Entrance fees
– Rock climbing guides fluent in English, UIAA certied rock climbing equipment.
– Air-conditioned en-suite cabin
– Tax and service charges
– Vietnamese buffet lunch and dinner
– European breakfast buffet
– Insurance on board
Price does not include:
– Transportation services from Hanoi to Ha Long and return are available at a surcharge:
a. Shared coach: 40 US$ per person. Pick up and drop off at Emeraude office at 46 Le Thai To street, Hanoi (street along Hoan Kiem Lake);
b. Private transfer: 155 US$ per 4-seater car. Pick up and drop off at guest’s preferred pick-up point in Hanoi.
– Other meals than mentioned
– Drinks and Beverages
– Beauty Spa Services & Massage
– Tips and Others Personal Expenses
– Surcharge for Christmas and New Year or Holiday seasons
– If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid is 125 US$/person (for Superior cabin)
– Child under 7 years old will be charged half price of adult’s rate
– Children from 7 years old and more will be charged as adult’s rate
– Single travelers will be required to pay surcharge for single supplement;
– Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions;
– Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure;
– Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, visa expiry date for all passengers;
– A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent. No refunds are offered if local police and port authority refuse passengers passages when passengers fail to present valid passports for inspection.