Situated northwest of Hanoi, Duong Lam is one of the country’s few remaining ancient villages. Duong Lam Ancient village tour is a great way to explore the area’s twelve-hundred year history. Explore houses over 400 years old, wander the village’s narrow alleyways, visit local temples, and most interestingly of all, chat with friendly locals.
Start your Duong Lam Ancient Village Tour with the pick up at 8h30 in the morning from your hotel then depart for 30km drive to visit the Thay Pagoda – one of famous attractions in Ha Tay Province. It is also known as Thien Phuc Pagoda dedicated to Thich Ca Budha, Sakyamuni and 18 arhats.
Continue driving to Duong Lam village, a purely agricultural village of the Northern Red River delta which still preserves many hundred-year-old houses.
Upon arrival, visit Mong Phu temple in Mong Phu commune – the only hamlet whose original village entrance gate remains intact, dedicated to national heroes. Wander around the village to discover the daily life and farming working of Vietnamese peasants along the terrace with a stop in two ancient houses: the biggest ancient house was built 200 years ago and the most ancient house back to 400 years ago.
After lunch and resting, visit Ngo Quyen temple and Phung Hung temple, places dedicated to two national heroes Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung. Then continue driving to visit Mia Pagoda (other hamlet in Duong Lam village), built in 15th century and admire 287 statues of all sizes, among with are famous sculpture such as the statue of Buddha in the Himalayas and the statues of the Eight Vajra Deities.
* Note: As an optional extra once in Duong Lam this tour can be done by bicycle instead of walking & transfer (no extra cost).
Return to your hotel at 17h00 where the full day Duong Lam Ancient Village Tour ends.
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
||16 and up
|Private tour||110 US$||68 US$||55 US$||50 US$||43 US$
||39 US$||35 US$|
– Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– One bottle of water on bus.
– The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 05 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 06 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. GO VIET Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.