Immerse yourself in a mixture of culture and history with a day trip to Cao Dai Temple and Cu Chi Tunnels. Drive through the countryside to the colorful, whimsical building which is home to the eclectic Cao Dai “religion” and attend a morning Caodaism ritual praying held by the Cao Dai followers as well as soak into a local cultural and religious space along with the unique architecture of the southern land. Journey from here to Cu Chi Tunnels, an incredible network of 250 km underground tunnels constructed by the Vietnamese resistance fighters during the French and American wars.
CAO DAI TEMPLE AND CU CHI TUNNELS TOUR ITINERARY
Our guide & driver will pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City Center and depart at 08h00 for a visit to Cao Dai Temple and Cu Chi Tunnels.
We drive forwards Tay Ninh to see the ornate temple of Cao Dai. The Great Holy See Temple, built in 1926, is considered one of the most striking structures in all of South-East Asia. It is the headquarters of the unique Cao Dai sect, a religion with a hybrid of Buddhism, Christianity & Confucianism. Above the entrance is the all-seeing holy eye – symbol of the sect. Visitors will attend the midday ceremony’s extravaganza to witness the daily mass held by the Cao Dai followers which is a fantastic experience.
After lunch, proceed to Cu Chi Tunnels to explore the amazing site where Viet Cong hid during the War. It is now a popular spot for both Vietnamese & foreign tourists – the network of over 200km of tunnels became legendary when they played a vital role in the War. In their heyday, the tunnels were functioning underground cities including numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”. Visitors can watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed before entering the tunnels. Spend the next hour exploring the tunnels. Afterwards, enjoy tea and cassava (guerrilla’s food in war time).
Return to Ho Chi Minh City and drop off at your hotel around 18h30.
Your day tour to Cao Dai Temple and Cu Chi Tunnels ends.
CAO DAI TEMPLE AND CU CHI TOUR PRICES:
|2017 Price per person in US Dollars in party of:|
|Type of tour||01||02||03-04||05-06||07-10||11-16|
|Private tour||107 US$||71 US$||62 US$||51 US$||42 US$||40 US$|
|Group tour||32 US$||28 US$||28 US$||27 US$||27 US$||26 US$|
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Pick up from and drop off at your hotel (in District 1 only).
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Lunch as mentioned in program.
– Mineral water (1 bottle/person).
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Lunch as mentioned in program (6 US$/person).
– Free of charge for children less than 02 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 03 to 6 years old.
– 75% charge of adult price for children from 07 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.