This Cai Be Floating Market day tour from Ho Chi Minh City is ideal for those who are short of time, but want a great overview of typical Vietnamese life. On the way to Cai Be you will see green paddy fields stretching like a patchwork towards the horizon. Once at the floating market, immerse yourself in a world of lush vegetation from the Mekong Delta as you pick through the fascinating and lively market, watching buyers bargaining for produce and discover the daily life of the Mekong Delta people by bike.
CAI BE FLOATING MARKET DAY TOUR ITINERARY
06h30: Pick up from your hotel lobby and depart for the 2 hour drive to the delta town of Cai Be via Trung Luong Express Highway, stop on the way to take photos in Tan An town overlooking the picturesque flat rice fields.
09h30: On arrival in Cai Be, set off by motor boat to visit the Cai Be floating market and watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels. Immerse yourself in a world of lush vegetation from the Mekong Delta as you pick through the fascinating and lively market, watching buyers bargaining for produce.
Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made. Then wander into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation, accompanied by traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
11h30: Keep cruising down Tien River to series of small canals to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta. Arrive in Tan Phong Island, join a cooking class. Enjoy your cooking experience and learn how to prepare special Vietnamese dishes. Food cooked by yourself and fresh river food served in the heart of the garden. Relax on the hammocks to get back your energy.
14h00: Cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong delta.
15h00: Take a boat ride back to Cai Be Tourist Wharf where our vehicle awaits for the trip back to Ho Chi Minh City.
17h00: Arrive at your hotel where the full day trip ends.
CAI BE FLOATING MARKET DAY TOUR PRICES:
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
||17 and up
|Private tour||165 US$
||90 US$||70 US$||60 US$||55 US$||45 US$||43 US$|
– Full transportation by air conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Pick up from and drop off at your hotel (in District 1 only).
– All entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
– Boat trip as stated in above sights.
– All excursion trips and activities as tour program indicated.
– Lunch served with a selection of Mekong delicacies.
– Local English-speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply).
– Mineral water and chilled tissue served on trip.
– Optional tours.
– Surcharges for other language guides.
– Personal travel insurance.
– Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc…
– Meals and services other than mentioned in the program.
– Drinks with meals.
– Free of charge for children less than 02 years old.
– 75% charge of adult price for children from 03 to 09 years old.
– Children from 10 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.