Let’s once visit Bac Ha Market and enjoy Sapa Trek you will be able to experience a wide range of different colorful ethnic minorities and more interesting things of life in the mountains…
Bac Ha, a town in northwestern Vietnam, is famous for hosting the largest and most colourful Sunday market. Bac Ha Market is held every Sunday and is the biggest market in the mountainous highlands, populated mostly by ethnic minorities. Alive with the bright colours and extravagant costumes of the local people, here you will meet Flower H’mong (Red H’mong), Black Dao, Tay, Nung, La Chi, Phu La and other minority groups who come from far and wide to buy and sell a wide variety of goods and livestock, to exchange news and to renew friendships. In the past the market was a centre for trading horses but now that motorbikes have replaced them it is more common to see buffalo, cows, goats, fish and other livestock being traded.
The market opens at around 7.30am and closes mid-afternoon.
NIGHT 1: HA NOI – LAO CAI STATION BY TRAIN
This evening you will be picked up from your hotel lobby by our representative for a short transfer to Hanoi Train Station for the overnight train to Lao Cai, the gateway to Sapa (9 hour duration). Settle down for an early night to try and get as much sleep as possible for your first day of trekking as you will be woken up around 5h00am on arrival to Sapa.
Stay overnight on the train in a comfortable soft sleeper compartment (4 berth, air-conditioned compartment).
DAY 1: LAO CAI – BAC HA MARKET – BAN PHO VILLAGE – SAPA (B, L, D)
Arrive Lao Cai Train Station early this morning around 06h00 where your guide will meet you as you exit the railway station and escort you to a restaurant for breakfast and short rest.
At 08h45 you will be picked up for a drive of 72km (1.5 hours) to Bac Ha Market. The road to Bac Ha winds around mountains and through valleys, taking in the picturesque scenery of the Vietnamese hinterland.
Arrive Bac Ha at about 10h00 at the most crowded time of the market which is very active and colorful thanks to the traditional dresses of the tribal peoples, especially of the Flower H’mong. You will join the locals at the market for your own discovery, taking a lot of photos as well as enjoying funs.
Have lunch in a local restaurant where a variety of foods are available for your delectation and delight. You can even try the traditional local lunch of Thang Co (horse stew) and strong corn wine!
After lunch you will be driven to Ban Pho village where you can take a short walk around the village where Flower H’mong, Tay and Nung minorities live. We are invited to enter several local houses to have some green tea, corn wine, and listen to the host talking about their family, talk to them … Say goodbye to the host and we will transfer you back to Sapa, checking out the Chinese border on the way.
Arrive at your hotel and check in. Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese dinner at your hotel. Evening is at leisure.
NIGHT 2: Stay overnight at hotel in Sapa town.
DAY 2: SAPA TREK TO Y LINH HO – LAO CHAI & TA VAN VILLAGE – NIGHT TRAIN TO HANOI (B, L, D)
07h00-09h00: Have breakfast at hotel and check out.
09h30: Depart from your hotel for 6km of walking down to the South-east of Sapa along the side of Muong Hoa valley to visit Y Linh Ho, a village inhabited by the H’mong minority. This is a great opportunity to take photographs of hereditary terraces that are estimated around 100 years old. Continue a 2km-trekking down to visit Lao Chai village where you will visit the H’mong home town.
12h30: Stop for a rest and light picnic lunch in a local village. It gives you a worth chance to learn about the local house architecture which is full of their daily life styles and exclusive custom.
After lunch and a relaxing break, gear up for another trek through rice paddy fields and spectacular scenery to visit Ta Van village of the Dzay minority people.
At the end of the trek, transfer by road back to Sapa.
15h30: Arrive at your hotel. Time to relax or wander around the town and visit Sapa ethnic market on your own.
16h30: Take a shower at hotel and have dinner before transfer downhill to Lao Cai for the night train to Hanoi (your overnight train departs before 22h00).
NIGHT 3: Stay overnight on the train in a comfortable soft sleeper compartment (4 berth, air-conditioned compartment).
Early arrival in Hanoi around 5h00am next day then transfer to your hotel or central Hanoi for onward departure.
* Note: If you depart on Friday, we swap the itinerary of the first and second day.
TOUR PRICES: (For standard option)
141 US$ per person – Group tour (max 8 persons)
205 US$ per person – Private tour (2 persons only)
* Prices are in US Dollars per person on a shared basis.
* Prices may vary according to the number of tourists in your traveling party and your chosen hotel grade. Please contact us to get the best possible price.
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Two way train tickets based on first class 4 berth shared cabin with air-conditioner (Soft sleeper wooden cabin).
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Meals as mentioned in program (B = Breakfast, L= Lunch, D=Dinner).
– Accommodation as program in a shared twin or shared double room.
– Other meals than mentioned.
– Other services than mentioned.
– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature.
– Travel insurance, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Drinks with meals.
– Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the program.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– The price above is based on two persons sharing one room. If you prefer a single room on your own, please pay single room supplement.
– Prices may vary according to your travel time and are higher in the high season, e.g. Christmas period (Dec 24-26), New Year period (Dec 31-Jan 02) and Public holidays of Vietnam.
– For additional hotel night cost to the packages, please contact us for the rates.
– This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan. You can also disregard full package tours and choose whatever travel items you need we can quote the tours you really want. Usually travel insurance is not covered in our quotations.
– Keep your luggage and money by yourself.
– Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
– Take original passports, good and comfortable trekking shoes, insect repellent, torches, sun scream, towels, rain gear and extra warm clothes. All customers must obey the order of your guide for your safety.
– Child definition: from age of 3 to 9 years (usually enjoying 10%-20% discount. Contact us for the actual discount for your case). 10 years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
– All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.