Depart from Hanoi for 250km drive to the natural wonderland that is Ba Be Lake and Ban Gioc waterfall, the world’s 4th largest border waterfall after Niagara, Iguacu and Victoria. You will also get up close with the ethnic Tay minority, Nung minority at small villages and explore the Nang River by boat. Surely, this trip will bring you unforgettable moments, boating along the river lakes, cave visiting, and the life style of ethnic Tay, Hmong and Nung peoples who continue to maintain their traditional lifestyles and survive by fishing the lake as they have done for centuries.
BA BE LAKE – BAN GIOC WATERFALL ITINERARY
DAY 1: HA NOI – BA BE LAKE (L, D)
You will be picked up early in the morning at 7:00 am for the journey to Ba Be Lake, a drive of approximately 250 kilometers. Along the way we will stop to visit the village of Tay minority, the second largest ethnic group in Vietnam after the Viets, mostly their living are rice cultivation.
Continue riding boat along the Nang River, we come to visit Ba Be National Park, that time to explore Ba Be Lake, Puong cave, with wonderful stalactites, the rapids of the Dau Dang waterfall and tiny Widow Island. You will also visit the houses on stilt of the Tay community in Bo Lu Village, where you will spend the night in home-stay (Tay family).
DAY 2: BA BE LAKE – CAO BANG – BAN GIOC WATERFALL (B, L, D)
After breakfast, depart from Cao Bang to Vietnam’s northern border with China. You will be introduced to the Nung people in the Phuoc Sen village, a small village famous for the production of farming tools. Like the Tays, the Nungs live by farming with the terraced rice paddies that you will see all along the way to Ban Gioc Waterfall, the majestic falls that demarcate the border between Vietnam and China.
Spend some time for relaxing and taking photos as you soak up the sublime atmosphere of Vietnam’s most beautiful waterfall.
Stay overnight at hotel.
DAY 3: CAO BANG – HA NOI (B, L)
Following breakfast depart from Cao Bang to Hanoi. It is a journey of approximately 310 kilometers through vertiginous rice paddies and remote villages. You will have the chance to stop at an ethnic village known for tobacco production. This is the road less traveled in Vietnam, offering the chance to enjoy some peace and tranquility sceneries.
You will also visit the Museum of the Cultures of Vietnam’s Ethnic Groups in Thai Nguyen City where you can browse the objects, photographs and exhibits that give a better understanding of the various ethnic of Vietnam and their agricultural tools, handicrafts and traditional costumes worn for worshiping. There will be a stop for lunch and then we go on coming back Hanoi.
The trip ends at your hotel around 18h00.
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
|Private tour||550 US$||305 US$||270 US$||191 US$||181 US$||179 US$|
|Group tour||175 US$|
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle from and to your hotel as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Boat trip on Ba Be lake rowing by local people.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– All meals as mentioned in program.
– One bottle of water on bus.
– Homestay and hotel as mentioned in program.
– Kayaking: 5 US$ per person as optional (02 persons/ kayak).
– Tay musical performance: 50 US$/ show.
– Bike rental: 5 US$/time/person.
– Private room: 5 US$ per person.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 04 years old sharing bed with parents.
– 70% charge of adult price for children from 05 to 11 years old sharing bed with parents.
– Children from 11 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.