Ba Be is Vietnam’s largest natural lake and is now the centerpiece of an extensive National Park. The park and the surrounding area is limestone country, lakes, waterfalls, caves as well as homes of many ethnic minority communities such Tay people, Dao people. We offer a 3 day trip to Ba Be Lake for those who love exploring nature combined with local culture with a schedule that does not rush you. Within 3 days you will be able to enjoy sightseeing to beautiful ethnic villages in the region around the national park. There will also be a tranquil boat trip on Ba Be Lake and the River Nang to view romantic and imposing landscape. Ba Be National Park has been recognized as a Natural World Heritage Site by UNESCO. This tour offers you a fun combined adventure at easy grade. It is suitable for anyone at reasonable lever of personal fitness.
BA BE DISCOVERY ITINERARY
DAY 1: HANOI – BA BE (L, D)
Our trip will start from Hanoi at 7:00 AM, heading straight to the centre north of Vietnam, a drive of 250 km. Take us through the flatlands of the Red River Delta and up into the mountain areas north of Hanoi. As we progress north, the scenery becomes more and more picturesque. From our scheduled lunch stop it is only around two and a half-hours to our destination.
Arriving Ba Be town in the mid afternoon we check in homestay of Tay family and then you have free time stroll around the village or a bit of exploration before sunset. You spend the night in the traditional house on stilts of Tay people.
Stay overnight in home-stay.
DAY 2: BA BE LAKE DISCOVERY – BOAT CRUISE (B, L, D)
After breakfast at the local family, we go on private boat to visit Ba Be Lake. After that we trek through Ba Be rain forests for climbing up on tower to take the best photos on Ba Be area. Continue, we are going down the forest to visit An Ma temple where Mac command in chief was memorized and then we can have a swim in crystal clear waters before having lunch in the local restaurant near the Dau Dang waterfall.
Following lunch we have opportunity to work off our feast with a trek to Tay ethnic minority villages. A visit to this small hamlet, you have chance to know more about culture of Tay people and know how little the lives of the people in these remote areas have changed. Cruise further to Puong Cave and head back to Bo Lu village for overnight.
Stay overnight in home-stay.
DAY 3: BA BE – HANOI (B, L)
We stroll along the riverfront, visit some lovely villages and hike the upper reaches of the lake, in an area marked by massive limestone cliffs and mountains.
On the way back to Hanoi. We also pay a visit to the the Museum of the Cultures of Vietnam’s Ethnic Groups in Thai Nguyen City where we can learn something about the culture and traditions of the different minority groups in Vietnam.
Our 3 day Ba Be discovery tour finishes in Hanoi around 17:00.
Type of tour
|2017 Price per person in US$ in party of:|
|Private tour||318 US$||198 US$||178 US$||173 US$||163 US$||146 US$|
|Group tour||146 US$|
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle from and to your hotel as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Boat trip on Ba Be Lake rowing by local people.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– All meals as mentioned in program.
– One bottle of water on bus.
– Homestay as mentioned in program.
– Kayaking: 5 US$ per person as optional (02 persons/ kayak).
– Tay musical performance: 50 US$/ show.
– Bike rental: 5 US$/time/person.
– Private room: 5 US$ per person
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 04 years old sharing bed with parents.
– 70% charge of adult price for children from 05 to 11 years old sharing bed with parents.
– Children from 11 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.