A three-day tour in the Mai Chau and Pu Luong area gives you the unique opportunity to experience the lives of the local Thai people and the natural wonders of the area. Learn about and explore this amazing region as you hike across the beautiful landscape especially spend two nights sleeping in traditional Vietnamese stilt houses for an intimate experience of this wonderfully unique part of the world. Pu Luong Nature Reserve should be ain ideal destination for those who enjoy eco-tourism and adventure tours.
MAI CHAU AND PU LUONG TREKKING ITINERARY
DAY 1: HANOI – HOA BINH – MAI CHAU (L, D)
Start your Mai Chau and Pu Luong Trekking Tour with the pick up at 8h00 in the morning from your hotel and transfer to the Muong’s region of Hoa Binh (74km).
Arrival in Hoa Binh, visit Hoa Binh Hydroelectric – constructed in November 1979 and took nearly 10 years to complete. With the height of 128 meters and the length of 970 meters, it is now one of the largest and most important dams in Vietnam.
Continue on the scenic drive to Mai Chau – a beautiful valley which is the homeland of the Thai people, one of the largest ethnic minorities group in Vietnam. Have lunch and break at a local family. Then take a visit the Thai villages of Pom Coong and Lac, where here you will have time for handicraft shopping from the local artisans, or alternatively enjoy a coffee with the friendly villagers.
A fabulous dinner is served at early evening, accompanied by a traditional dance performance by the local Thai tribe.
Overnight at home-stay in Thai village.
DAY 2: MAI CHAU AND PU LUONG – MAI CHAU (B, L, D)
Having breakfast served by Thai people at the home-stay then travel 35km by car to Pu Luong Nature Reserve – situated along two parallel mountain ridges running from the north-west to the south-west. In the middle of the nature reserve is a valley that separates it into two parts. This valley is the settlements of several local people and a large area of agricultural land.
Start a 2 to 3 hour walk through beautiful hill side villages, magnificent rice paddies, seeing hand crafted bamboo water wheels. The highlight on this walk is experiencing the beauty of Pu Luong Nature Reserve, the everyday life and culture of the white Thai people. Visit a traditional Thai home on stilts followed by picnic lunch.
In the late afternoon return to Mai Chau and enjoy a delicious traditional dinner at the local home-stay.
Overnight at home-stay in Thai village.
DAY 3: MAI CHAU – HANOI (B, L)
After breakfast you are welcomed to join a two hour cycling tour, or alternatively a walking trek through the beautiful valley of Mai Chau. You will meet the local hill tribes going about their daily routines such as planting rice, herding buffalos or building traditional houses.
Should you feel adventurous climb up to 1000 step cave (this is actually not quite accurate, since there are in fact 1,270 steps, and by the end of the trek up, those 270 extra steps made a huge difference but the cave was definitely worth it). Head down and back to the stilt house for lunch.
You will then leave for Hanoi, returning to your hotel at approximately 17h00.
Your Mai Chau and Pu Luong Trekking Tour ends.
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as tour program indicated.
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits.
– Local English speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply).
– Meals as mentioned in program (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner).
– Home-stay accommodation (who would like to stay in a private room, additional cost will be applied).
– One bottle of water on bus.
– The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
– Drinks, except otherwise mentioned.
– Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips and emergency transfers.
– Surcharge for New Year or Holiday seasons.
– Free of charge for children less than 05 years old.
– 50% charge of adult price for children from 06 to 11 years old.
– Children from 12 years old and more will be charged as adult rate.
– All tours are based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
– Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Go Viet Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
– Transportation and Restaurants: The cars, vans or coaches for the land transportation should be in good shape with air conditioner. All restaurants should be tidy and clean.